Ok, first things first.... pull the front-end apart and go through the boards.

Here we have the tone control and preamp section. The capacitors are very crowded (lots of audio caps).
Behind this board sits the preamp board. You can see it a little in the picture.
I spent time cleaning the switches and applied DeoxIt. Then I replaced the all the caps, using audio caps in the
audio path. Last, I gave the boards a good cleaning, removing the flux from the back and the grime from the
front.
The old caps are sitting in the background as referece. The audio caps used in this project were Nitchicon Fine
Gold
and Panasonic Pureism.

Below is the completed tone control board. The caps fit nicely on the board and relieve crowding a bit.
Next Page->