Marantz 1060
This unit came to me through an ebay auction. It just so happened that the seller worked for the same
company as I and sat on a different floor (small world)...

He said it had a bad channel. I hooked it up and found the controls dirty. This caused a channel to
drop-out and distort from time to time. Since I was going to strip this down and rebuild, I did not spend
too much time evaluating. I only did some basic test to check functionality and find obvious issues. This
would cause me some grief later in the project, as there was a channel issue not detected through
casual listening. More on this later...

The cosmetics were very good, although they were buried under the typical layers of crud and dust.
Next page ->